Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides pastoral care and counsel to patients, family members, and staff.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Provides pastoral care and counsel to patients, family members, and staff in assigned clinical areas with full consideration of patient safety needs.
3. Participates in the ministry of the department through the overnight on-call schedule, responding pastorally and timely to all situations requiring pastoral care and support, and through leading worship services in the hospital.
4. Participates in the clinical pastoral education training process through group and individual supervision and through the preparation of and reflection upon clinical materials.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
* Ordination and ecclesiastical endorsement from denomination/faith group preferred but not required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
* One to three months related experience and/or training.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center Wakebrook
Organization Unit: Pastoral Care
Work Type: Temporary Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 15.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No