Intern Radiology, PRN, Variable, Albuquerque, NM.
We are looking for a Intern Radiology to join our Radiology team in Albuquerque, NM.
This job is located at Lovelace Medical Center, in the heart of Albuquerque. We are an acute care hospital providing comprehensive care, including around-the-clock emergency care, surgical services, non-invasive robotic spine surgery, cardiology, stroke care, radiology and oncology services, including the state's only Gamma Knife Center for non-invasive radiologic brain surgery.
Intern Radiology Job Responsibility:
- Interns are personnel hired at or near the end of their formal education period.
- Any Intern hired to work in the Department of Imaging must adhere to all professional conduct standards and facility processes and procedures.
- Interns may work in their field of expertise only under the direct Supervision (as defined by CMS Standards) of a technologist licensed and credentialed in that field and having proved competence in writing.
- This assumes they are so allowed by state licensing bodies and are not otherwise restricted by their educational institution.
- Interns are expected to work in any other area they are qualified to be in as dictated by the needs of the facility
Intern Radiology Education and Experience Requirements:
- Interns must be in or have recently completed an AMA accredited Imaging Program. The Intern is expected to have gained full certification and licensure at time of graduation OR have such temporary credentials as are accepted by State of New Mexico Licensing Agencies. If Temporary Credentials are obtained then Full Credentials are expected to be obtained in the time frame dictated by the State of New Mexico.
- Ongoing or completed formal education in an imaging related field.
- Basic computer skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Ability to work independently or manage workload.
- BLS is required
- New Mexico Hospital Association/ American Hospital Association Quest for Excellence award, general Acute Hospital, 2021
- U.S. News & World Report, Chest Pain MI Registry Performance achievement Award, 2021
- "A" grade from Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade, 2019, Fall 2020
- Healthgrades 2020 Specialty Excellence Awards: Pulmonology Care excellence, 2020; American's 100
- Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work, 2016-2019
- U.S. New & World Report "Best Hospitals," in Congestive Heart Failure, Heart Attack, 2021-2022
- Best Hospitals for cardiac care, 2019; America's 100 Best Hospitals for Coronary Intervention, 2019
- American Heart Association/ American Stroke Association "Get with the Guidelines" Stroke gold Plus quality Achievement Award, 2012-2022 (Target Honor Roll - Elite Plus, 2019-2022)
Lovelace is a drug-free employer with smoke free campuses.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.