Position Type : Full time
Type Of Hire : Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired : Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage : 25 - 50%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS's Asset Finance is a fully integrated, bottom-up solution that was designed to work on a single database for scalability through a diverse range of asset finance operations and activities. A
What you will be doing
The role of Business Consultant will encompass the normal responsibilities related to a highly qualified business consultant with level of technical background. The role will be working very closely with the client, development and consulting teams to deliver focused implementations and projects to meet the organizations specific needs.
NOTE: this role can be worked from anywhere in North America. Travel % moving into 2022 expected to be up to 50% at times.
- Implementation of AAF at client sites
- Assessing client needs and setting up system to satisfy, identifying gaps, steering course to implement whilst awaiting developments, writing or specifying crystal reports or spread sheets to satisfy requirements.
- Overseeing and participating data take-on, conversion and reconciliation
- Ensuring AAF process satisfies the entire contract lifecycle
- Will include all aspects of the clients business from Application through to contract management accounting, collection, asset management etc.
- Training clients staff
- Oversee relevant IT issues
- Liaison with development team that may include specification, fact finding or answering of specific questions in order to satisfy market or client requirements
- The role will include necessity to travel to client sites when required (potentially 70% +)
- Communication with all levels of organization from input clerk to Client Company Directors and Managers
- Second Level Support as part of the combined Professional/Customer Service team support process. Managing issues through to resolution.
The candidate must also:
- Be able to manage situations that others view as a crisis and steering a course through situations that result in a positive outcome
- Manage client expectations; deliver news and plans to clients in such a way that ensures client support, controlling any given situation.
- Work with other Consultants in a supportive way.
- A working consultant - someone who roles up their sleeves and gets the job done rather than mere oversight.
- Will not require supervision but assess situations and call for assistance when required
- Ability to work hours to fulfil role as a consultant which will from time to time require work to be performed outside of normal business hours.
The likely candidate will probably be from the following backgrounds
- Relevant business experience in the leasing, retail banking or lending sector
- Direct competitor such as IDS, CHP, etc. implementing the respective solutions
- Senior implementation consultant from a broader base such as banking solutions (this may mean that specific experience is not held in leasing and lending but rather other financial products)
- Working or consulting for likely clients for AAF in the leasing and lending sector
- Experience in using FIS Asset Finance
- SQL and XML proficiency would be ideal
- Accounting qualification or experience in the leasing or lending sector
- IT skills - particularly database and report writer such as Crystal Reports related
- Project Management Experience would be an advantage
What we offer you
- Competitive salary and excellent bonus potential
- Attractive benefits including private medical coverage, dental coverage, and travel insurance
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the .
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply.
If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check)
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.